This Standard First Aid / CPR Level C certification is delivered in partnership with the Canadian Red Cross.
Training consists of a comprehensive two-day course, covering first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for adults, children and infants, and the proper use of AEDs.
This course meets the requirements for Provincial/Territorial worker safety, Insurance Boards, and includes the most up-to-date First Aid and CPR Guidelines.
For information regarding the measures we are taking for classroom training in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Canada please refer to our update page here.
Each student will also be provided their own adult and infant manikins, and AED trainer. Students will not be required to share this equipment during training.
- Select your preferred training date and then add however many seats you require to your cart by selecting “Book Now”.
- You will then be asked to fill out your billing information before completing your booking and payment.
- Once processed, you will fill out attendee information and automatically receive a receipt and confirmation for your booking reservation.
- A second email will be sent with the details for your training including: start time, directions, and anything you will need for your upcoming class.
Parking is free, and available for attendees in the Training Centre parking lot.
In order to become certified, learners must complete the two-day in-class course, achieve a minimum of 75% on the final test, and participate in 100% of the courses theory and hands-on lessons.
Once training is completed, learners will have the knowledge and skills needed provide medical care in emergency situations, provide CPR to adults, children, and infants, and be able to identify when and how to use an AED.
Upon successfully finishing the Red Cross Standard First Aid / CPR C certification training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history and purpose of the Red Cross.
- Know how to be prepared for emergency situations.
- Understand the EMS Systems.
- Be able to properly use the CCC Method. (Check, Call, Care)
- Identify and apply first aid to Airway, Breathing, and Circulation Emergencies.
- Identify and apply first aid to Cardiac Arrest emergencies.
- Identify and apply first aid to Head, Neck, and Spinal Injuries.
- Identify and apply first aid to Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries.
- Provide emergency Wound Care.
- Know the proper procedures for sudden medical emergencies.
- Know how to provide care and stay safe during Environmental Illnesses.
- Understand the procedures in case of contact with, or the ingestion of, poison.
Course Running Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm (2 Days)
LOCATION: 5126 126 AVENUE SE, UNIT 218, CALGARY, AB
|Red Cross Worksite Safety is a Red Cross Training Partner|
|Certificate Issued 3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and AED|
|Materials Provided Course materials, workbooks, a Standard First Aid Guidebook and a writing utensil will be provided.|
|Breaks & Lunch There are a couple of 10-min breaks, as well as a 30-min lunch. Please plan for your own lunch.|
|No Charge Cancellation If for any reason you cannot attend your training class that you have booked, you can contact us at least 3 business days prior to your class for a full refund or 1 business day to reschedule.|
|Group Discounts Discounted training rates and flexible scheduling options for groups are available. Please contact us for details.|
|On-Site Training For training at your location on a date of your choice, please contact us for a quote.|